SU-110 – Deciphering a Solicitation
If you feel lost and confused when reading through large volumes of government solicitation documents during the process of preparing your bid or proposal, you are not alone. Understanding the differences between a Request for Quotation (RFQ), Request for Proposal (RFP) and Invitation for Bid (IFB) is taxing enough, much less having to navigate through their content.
The focus of this course is to lessen the intimidation factor by helping you learn to navigate through solicitations with improved confidence. Feeling secure and optimistic in your review of difficult to understand documents will increases your ability to make important informed decisions about the solicitation.
What you will learn in this course:
- The differences between the types of solicitations issued by the federal government
- Formatting and content of each solicitation type and what you should expect to find
- What you should pay attention to and look for when deciphering the solicitation
- The planning actions you must take to improve your competitive posture
- The identification of commonly used forms and formats and their purpose
- The parts of the solicitation you must absolutely not ignore
- Language and content which have important performance implications