SU-210 – Lowest Price Technically Acceptable (LPTA) Proposal Evaluation Method
The government uses two general methods of source selection: the Lowest Price Technically Acceptable (LPTA) and Tradeoff methods. What happens when a small business (SB) submits a proposal that will be evaluated by the government using the LPTA source selection method? This webinar will focus on the LPTA method with emphasis on the following learning objectives:
The webinar attendee will learn about:
- The factors taken into consideration by the Contracting Officer (CO) in crafting a LPTA-related solicitation.
- The characteristics that differentiate LPTA from other methods.
- The CO’s responsibilities and acquisition requirements in communicating (to potential offerors) the government will use the LPTA source selection method in evaluating proposals and making an award decision.
- The process steps the CO and evaluators go through in evaluating proposals and selecting a contractor.
- Last, the webinar will address the contentious nature of the LPTA process and its ultimate future.